Oh hi there
Oh hi there
I am no theatre expert, but I am an expert at being alive and being myself, and from that perspective I can tell you that every Silo Theatre play I've ever seen has done strange things to my brain. Their new show The Pride will be no different. Written by Alexi Kaye Campbell, this is a story about a love triangle. It stars Kip Chapman... Oh hi, Kip.
1. My dayjob is an actor and theatre maker, but I also do some bad ass cross stitch. I would also like to say I am a wood worker but I need to get a little more accurate to fully claim that right.
2. If we gave you the day off tomorrow, what would you do?
I’d go out to the hot pools at Palm Springs in Parakai. Then maybe head out to South Head.
3. Who makes the best coffee in Auckland?
Monterey Coffee Lounge in Grey Lynn.
4. What’s the best thing you’ve ever eaten in this city?
I recently went to that Japanese restaurant in Britomart – Ebisu. The Pork Belly was amazing.
5. Pick a book & park you’d like to read it in, anywhere.
“We the Animals” by Justin Torres. I haven’t read it but my boyfriend Todd read it twice in a month. I’d be at the top of Mt Albert, with the Archers, Dog walkers, Cows, Soccer players and Medieval revivalists.
6. Proudest moment in your life to date?
Coming out. However, I once caught a frisbee with my feet whilst doing a handstand.
7. Best thing that’s happened in rehearsal for The Pride?
Realising that everything and everyone was really great.
8. What’s your dream role?
Running a telethon.
The Pride is playing at the Herald Theatre from the 9th of August until the 1st of September. Don't miss it. Find out more here.
A weekly ray of sunshine in your inbox! We scour the city for the best ways to optimise your week